So, my intro to OT class is a joke. It basically is a waste of dollars and I dread going to the class even though it's only once a week. Anyways, we have talked a lot about what occupational therapy actually is since it's kind of a hard thing to explain. I mean, most of you probably don't know what OT is. You probably think that its about finding careers for people through counseling and such, especially since I was a Psych major. But, thats not true at all. One of our profs gave us a little cheat card for what our profession is all about so I figured I'd put it on here to once and for all explain what I'm doing with my life...
Occupational therapy is a proven, recognized therapy that enables people to overcome the disabling effects of mental, physical, developmental, and emotional conditions by helping improve their ability to perform tasks in their living and working environments. Practitioners work with individuals to improve their basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, and also to compensate for permanent loss of function. The goal of occupational therapy is to help individuals lead independent, productive, and satisfying lives through participation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment