My 21st birthday...

So, my 21st birthday was June 30th. I went home for my actual birthday and did the whole family thing. I spent some time with my parents and with my not so little anymore Oliver. Then we went out to eat with my brother and his girlfriend at one of my most favorite restaurants at home. I got presents and cake and had a great weekend with the fam. But, the next weekend is when the TRUE 21st birthday celebration took place. My roommate Megan is pretty familiar with Columbus and so we decided that she would show me around C-bus. Keith and Mason came to visit for the weekend and to celebrate with me. Also, my good friend Tyler who is my Ohio State connection to Megan joined in the celebration as well as some of Megan's friends that already live here. We started the night out at some of Megan's guy friends' house. We basically just chilled and played some cornhole. That way when we went downtown to the bars we wouldnt have to spend as much money on expensive alcohol. We headed downtown around 10 o'clock. We went to a bar called The Patio. I was feeling pretty good at this point. And by good I mean I was slightly tipsy but far from drunk. But that's when the birthday shots started. Turns out, when it's your 21st birthday everyone buys you drinks in an attempt to get you extremely wasted and sick. Well after way way too many shots I was definitely that. I was not wasted to the point of not remembering because I remember the night quite clearly, but I got way sick. Keith and I got a cab and headed back to the guys' house to crash for the night. Needless to say the next morning I woke up still feeling terrible and extremely sick. It took me a long time to recover. It was a good time but needless to say I'm glad I'll only turn 21 once. At least my grandma was happy because her hope that I would get sick came true...

me taking one of many shots that was the death of me. ugh...

No comments: