
This is my summer. My most involved class is Neuromuscular Anatomy which comes complete with 2 hours of lectures on Tuesday/Thursdays and then 2ish hours of labs in the afternoons. Lectures start in the mornings at 8:30 and because I'm not much of a morning person at all I don't really get a whole lot out of them. But, the afternoons are pretty interesting. I have been slicing and dicing on cadavers! It's pretty crazy! The first day of lab started out with me and my lab partners "skinning" the gluteal region...which means the butt. We have a pretty muscular man which makes it easy to see all that we need to see. Also, its good to have a man because most of the women are pretty fatty and cleaning out fat is pretty much the grossest thing ever. Let's just say that after cleaning out the fat from the gluteal region I had no desire to eat corn for a while. Eew! So my first few weeks of school dealt with the lower limb. I had to learn basically everything there is to know. I had to learn all of the muscles, where they attach, what their function is, what arteries give them blood supply, what nerves make them function, the structures of the joints, the ligaments, all of the bones, and all of the little special features on the bones. And then I had to be able to identify them on a cadaver! It's pretty intense, and I feel like a grad student because of this class. It has been pretty fun though too. Dissecting is really really interesting and being in class with other people that actually enjoy it is new for me. I mean, in high school I was the "Dr. Frankenstein" according to my classmates in Bio II because I loved dissecting so much. But now I'm surrounded by people who are just as weird as me. It's nice :) Well, that's all about anatomy for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment